Here is a healthy recipe that you can add to your meal choices. Baked fish cakes with lion’s mane mushroom.
We always make decisions every day. Some are just small but most of them are important matters that might affect our lives. Let us take food as a good example. We all need to eat daily, even when you are on a diet.
Therefore, we need to pick food not only once, but several times per day. Selecting our meals is vital since this will eventually have a good or bad effect on our body.
Mushroom Makes Baked Fish Cakes Healthier
We already know that we can get a lot of nutrients from fish, for it is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Yes, fish itself is already healthy. So, what if we add some lion’s mane mushroom into the dish?
Lion’s mane mushroom, or bearded mushroom, is known for its cascading soft spines that look like pom-poms. But, behind the cuteness, sits an important fact. This mushroom is filled with potential health benefits.
It is said that if you eat lion’s mane mushrooms, it could protect you from having dementia. For better understanding, studies show that they contain two special compounds that can stimulate the growth of brain cells: hericenones and erinacines.
That is why eating lion’s mane mushrooms is believed to protect people from having Alzheimer’s, a degenerative brain disease that causes progressive memory loss. However, bear in mind that more human research is needed to prove this claim.
Aside from that, Lion’s mane mushroom may also boost the immune system. So, if you do not want to put your body at a higher risk of developing diseases, cook this baked fish cakes with lion’s mane mushroom recipe for your next meal.
Discover another Lion’s Mane mushroom recipe here: Deliciously Pan Fried Lion’s Mane Mushrooms [Recipe]
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Fish Cakes
1/2 lbs (225 g) Lion’s Mane Mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp Greek yogurt
1 tsp soy sauce
1 cup (128 g) bread crumbs
1/4 cup (32 g) diced onion
splash of red or white vinegar
2-3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp smoked paprika
squeezed lemon juice from 1/4 lemon
3-4 tbsp coconut oil for frying
salt and pepper, to taste
- For remoulade (dressing)
1/4 cup (32 g) Greek yogurt
2 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp smoked paprika
juice of 1/4 lemon
- Set the oven at 350 °F (180 °C).
- While the oven is heating up, slice the mushrooms into large pieces. Pour in olive oil and roast in the oven for 30-40 mins. Flip the mushrooms halfway through. Wait until the mushrooms shrink and the water evaporates.
- Now, prepare the remoulade dressing. In a mixing bowl, add in the yogurt, mustard, paprika and lemon juice. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well then set aside.
- Using a food processor, beat the mushrooms and garlic mixture 4-5 times or until they are broken down into smaller pieces.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the egg, soy sauce, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, chopped parsley, paprika and vinegar. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Whisk well to blend the wet ingredients together.
- Then, add in the breadcrumbs and onions. Also, toss in the mushroom and garlic mixture. Mix well.
- Create equal portions of the mixture using a tablespoon. Then, using your hands, form the portions into cakes.
- Place a pan over medium heat. Pour in coconut oil.
- When oil is warm, put the fish cakes into the pan and cook both sides until lightly brown.
- When all the portions are cooked, finish off with a sprinkle of salt.
- Lastly, pour over the remoulade dressing.