There is nothing better than a baked and stuffed Portobello mushroom recipe that you can make at any time and without much effort. Some people consider Portobello mushrooms to be flavorless, but they are very tasty and a great meat substitute. These are also great as a main dish, stuffed with your favorite ingredients!
Try This Baked and Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe Tonight!
In this case, you should gather at least four large Portobello mushrooms, though you can do bigger mushrooms or smaller. It all depends on what you are looking for. You should also have eggs, garlic, spinach, pepperoni, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and breadcrumbs.
However, this dish is versatile, so include anything you like. Some good ingredients for those that love meat include ground beef, ground turkey, Italian sausage, or bacon. You can also change things up with some more vegetables, including onions, leeks, bell peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes.
The breadcrumbs are great for texture, but you can try using Panko, extra cheese, or even crushed pretzels or crackers. If you are vegan, switch the cheese and eggs for vegan-friendly alternatives, such as plant-based egg substitutes, almond milk cheese, or tofu.
All you have left to do is bake your mushrooms until they are golden brown, which will take about 10-20 minutes depending on the size of your mushrooms. You can serve these mushrooms with ranch dressing, Italian dressing, or garlic aioli.
Enjoy these baked and stuffed Portobello mushrooms as party food, which your guests will love. You can also serve them as an appetizer at any time. Some even like to have these as a healthy, high-protein snack.
Next time you need a quick and easy, healthy meal, look no further than this recipe! Feel free to enjoy these mushrooms on a cold winter night, or served chilled for a summer party, either way, they will be delicious! For more great recipes, check these out.
Baked Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
4 large portobello mushroom caps, remove stems and gills
1 tbsp Italian salad dressing
1 garlic clove, minced
1 10 oz (280 g) bag of fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup (32 g) chopped pepperoni
1/4 cup (32 g) grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup (32 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Brush both sides of mushroom cap with Italian dressing.
- Arrange mushrooms on a baking sheet with the gill sides up.
- Bake mushrooms for about 12 minutes until tender.
- Mix egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix spinach, pepperoni, parmesan, 3 tbsp of mozzarella, and 3 tbsp of bread crumbs into the egg.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly on the mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and breadcrumbs on the mushroom.
- Return mushrooms to the oven.
- Bake until the cheese melted and the toppings are golden brown. About 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!