A crab-stuffed Portobello mushroom recipe sounds hard and complicated, yet this one is the opposite of that. Who hasn’t dreamed of eating that delicious crabmeat and not have to think about the calories or the consequences? That’s exactly who this dish is for, plus you get to eat Portobello mushrooms, which are just simply the best!
This Crab-Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe Is The Dinner You Need Today!
There is not a lot of mystery to Portobello mushrooms. These are just a bigger version of the well-known cremini. However, it is their size that makes them so appetizing, particularly in cases like this when you want to stuff them.
To start cooking, make sure your Portobello mushrooms are clean. Use a damp cloth or paper towel and wipe away any dirt from all the parts. You should then use a knife and cut the stem, which will result in a hollow shape perfect for filling.
It is now time to focus on the rest of the ingredients. Make sure you have your crabmeat ready, as well as green onions, thyme, oregano, savory, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, paprika, salt, and pepper. You can switch some of these according to your taste, so you can add things like cumin, basil, parsley, coriander, and Italian seasoning.
If mayonnaise is not your thing, change it for some cream or half and half, or even Greek yogurt. Other types of cheese work too, like Swiss, mozzarella, or feta.
Set time aside early to mix everything and refrigerate it before using. Once your mushrooms are clean and ready, you can spoon the filling into them, and start baking!
Set a time for about 15 minutes, but check halfway to make sure there isn’t any burning. Enjoy these as a main dish, appetizer, or finger food for your next dinner party!
Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Recipe
1 lb (450 g) fresh mushrooms
7 oz (175 g) crabmeat
5 green onions, thinly sliced
¼ tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp ground savory
ground black pepper to taste
¼ cup (128 g) grated Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup (approx. 40 g) mayonnaise
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Toss crabmeat, green onions, herbs, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and mix well. Refrigerate while preparing the other ingredients.
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly, wipe clean, then remove stems. Make deep cups by spooning out the gills and the base of the stem. Discard gills and stems.
- Fill each mushroom cup with rounded teaspoonfuls of filling.
- Arrange the filled mushrooms in a shallow, ungreased baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan and paprika.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Best served hot. Enjoy!
Looking to try another nutritious and delicious mushroom recipe? Why not try this Grilled Salmon with Chanterelles recipe?