There’s no getting around the fact we have to eat to survive. However, some people are not fans of preparing and cooking meals on a daily basis. That is why they opt to just call for delivery or visit their favorite restaurant.
Yes, there is nothing wrong with that but cooking your food at home may be a better option, not only for your wallet or purse, but also for your health. Why? Because you can make sure your meal is carefully prepared and safe to consume. Aside from that, you can also add fresh ingredients that help make your body fit and strong.
Let us take this burger steak with mushroom gravy recipe as an example.
Homemade Burger Steak With Mushroom Gravy
No burger steak is complete without delicious gravy added. But by adding adding a simple ingredient, you can still get the nutrition you need once you pour the gravy onto your burger steak.
How? With the help of mushrooms, of course! Mushrooms are known for their purported health benefits.
Mushrooms are believed to strengthen your immune system. This is due to a sugar called beta-glucan, which is found in the cell walls of fungi. Mushrooms can also help lower cholesterol levels because they contain fibers such as chitin and beta-glucan.
Also, mushrooms are high in vitamin D when they get exposed to sunlight during their growth. Vitamin D is important since it aids the body in absorbing calcium, promoting bone growth.
Who Is Cutting Onions?
Sometimes even tough guys can’t fight their tears in front of chopped onions. Howbeit, you may consider it tears of joy once you learn about its nutritional advantage. Eating onions may help control blood sugar, which is especially notable for people with diabetes.
With these benefits in mind, wouldn’t it be inspiring to make your own meal at home? Why not try it now?
Discover another mushroom gravy recipe here: Buttered Chicken with Portobello Mushroom Gravy [Recipe]
Creamy Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy
1 lb (450 g) ground beef
1/3 cup (approx. 40 g) chopped onions
1/4 cup (32 g) cracker crumbs
1 egg (beaten)
1 1/2 tbsp horseradish
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1 medium onion (sliced into rings)
8 oz fresh mushrooms (sliced)
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
1/2 cup cream
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 dash hot sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, chopped onions, cracker crumbs, and horseradish.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the egg and add it to the beef mixture. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 2 portions and shape each one into a patty.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the patties to cook for 9 minutes. Flip the other side and allow to cook for 9 more minutes.
- While waiting for the patties to cook, place another small pan over medium heat. Heat melt 3 tbsp of butter.
- Toss in the onion rings and mushrooms. Cook for 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Now, drain the patties and set them aside.
- Using the same pan, mix the flour into the juices. Add in a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes with continuous stirring. Then, add the cream. Stir again until they become thick.
- Add in the broth and stir. Cook until the mixture becomes slightly thick. Then, add the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Now add the onion and mushroom mixture into the sauce. Cook for 12 more minutes over low heat.
- Lastly, pour the gravy over the steak burgers.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!