There are different kinds of soups but there is nothing like a delicious soup filled with nutritious elements. Sadly, a lot of people do not have time to prepare and cook at home so they end up buying less healthy food. Yes, it may be convenient but is it really worth you health?
So, instead of buying takeout, we recommend this Cremini Mushroom and Asparagus soup with cauliflower. This may take a little of your time but at least you can be sure that your body will benefit a lot from it.
Cremini Mushroom and Asparagus For Good Health
Cremini mushroom is also known as the “brown button mushroom”, while others call it “baby bella”. It is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics.
Many foods are capable of providing proteins and carbohydrates. However, there are plenty of unique macro-nutrients that can only be found in cremini mushrooms. One example is the sulfur-containing amino acid, or ergothioneine, which serves as an excellent antioxidant.
Cremini mushroom is also helpful for couples who want to bear children. Cremini is a solid source of selenium that helps improve or maintain fertility in both men and women.
According to studies, selenium improves sperm formation and motility. It can also develop female sexual function, which makes it a good addition to your diet if you plan to build a family.
Asparagus, on the other hand, helps you beat a bloated feeling and lose weight due to its high fiber content. In addition, its diuretic property can help flush excess fluid and salt from your body.
This may help deter urinary tract infections. Moreover, asparagus spears also contain folic acid, which may help reduce the risk of premature birth.
So, if you are planning to start a family or just want to have a healthy meal, this soup might be the one for you.
Discover more Cremini mushroom recipes here:
- Appetizing Cremini Mushroom Soup with Fresh Dill [Recipe]
- Cremini Mushroom and Quinoa Soup with Kale [Recipe]
Cremini Mushroom and Asparagus Soup with Cauliflower
1 cup (128 g) asparagus
1 cup (128 g) cauliflower florets
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
2 cups (256 g) cremini mushroom (cleaned and sliced)
3 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
4 cups (960 ml) vegetable broth
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 1/2 cups (approx. 200 g) fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300° F (150° C).
- Cut the asparagus into 5-cm spears and place it along with the cauliflower florets on a baking tray coated with cooking spray.
- Put some olive oil over the asparagus and cauliflower florets and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes and make sure they are cooked on all sides, then set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, add the cremini mushrooms, onions and garlic and cook until tender.
- Add the roasted asparagus, cauliflower florets and the broth. Bring the soup to boil over low heat.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and basil leaves to the soup. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until your desired consistency.
- Serve it hot. Enjoy!