Are you running out of ideas on what to cook in your kitchen? Here is an easy dish that you will surely love. You can create this yummy Pan-Fried Lion’s Mane Mushrooms recipe in just a few easy steps. But behind its simplicity, lie numerous health benefits.
How Nutritious Is Pan-Fried Lion’s Mane Mushrooms?
Lion’s mane mushrooms can be mistaken for a curled up furry puppy or a pompom. They are white fungi with a globe shape and long, shaggy spines.
But apart from the cuteness, these mushrooms contain compounds that can stimulate the growth of brain cells, which helps boost mental functioning. According to researchers, this is beneficial for Alzheimer’s disease in humans, but more research is needed to confirm this statement.
Another benefit of the lion’s mane mushroom includes relief from mild symptoms of depression and anxiety. Studies discovered that the lion’s mane mushroom aids in regenerating brain cells and improves the performance of the hippocampus.
Hippocampus is the section of the brain responsible for processing memories and emotional responses. This is good news for people of all ages who experience depression and anxiety. Lion’s mane mushroom can help with keeping a more positive mood. Though, bear in mind that more examinations are necessary to fully understand this.
History shows that monks use Lion’s mane mushroom because they believe it helps their minds focus and stay attentive so they can meditate for longer periods. This is good for students who are studying for their upcoming examinations.
Besides boosting the brain, there are other various health benefits when you consume a lion’s mane mushroom, such as anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-bacterial. It also fights cholesterol and supports the immune system.
Do not forget that it also lowers the risk of heart disease, cancer, ulcers, and diabetes. With this delicious treat, what more could you ask for?
Discover more mushroom recipes here:
- Buttered Chicken with Portobello Mushroom Gravy [Recipe]
- Sweet Japanese Teriyaki Oyster Mushrooms [Recipe]
Pan-Fried Lion’s Mane Mushrooms
1/2 lb (225 g) Lion’s Mane mushrooms
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper, to taste
- Make sure that the mushrooms are cleaned. Gently brush off the dirt and wash with water. Then, slice into bite size pieces.
- heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, toss in the mushrooms and cover. Keep cooking until the juices have evaporated and the mushrooms begin to dry out.
- Add in butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Stir for 2-3 more minutes until the mushrooms turn brown.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!