Thinking of what to eat from one day to the next is not an easy task. From the moment you wake up, you need to consider what you will have for your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Not to mention the in-between snacks when you just feel like something a little different.
It can really be a struggle for most people knowing that you will have to go through the same process every single day. Since we are all in the same boat, we wanted to share a yummy recipe that you can consider as one of your meals for today – Steak with Cremini Mushroom Sauce.
Steak With Cremini Mushroom Sauce Will Win Over Your Heart
Yes, this recipe will definitely win over your heart. Not only because of its delicious taste, but also because it can actually protect your heart. How? Because of the addition of healthy cremini mushrooms. Mushrooms are cholesterol-free. Plus, they can help lower cholesterol due to their fiber content known as chitin and beta-glutan. Also, mushrooms contain conjugated-linoleic acid (CLA) that can help fight cancers since CLA can prevent high levels of estrogen from circulating around the body.
Another point to make is that mushrooms have anti-inflammatory properties which can successfully regulate inflammation in the heart, joints, organs, and tissues. This is definitely good news for people suffering from arthritis, heart disease, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and many more.
Strengthen Your Immunity With This Mushroom Recipe
Cremini mushrooms are also excellent for making the immune system stronger. In fact, this can even lower the risk of colds, flu, sore throat, and ear infection.
Eating mushrooms can also help balance your sleep pattern and mood swings because of the tryptophan found in them. This affects the serotonin levels in the body.
The advantages stated above regarding the Steak with Cremini Mushroom Sauce Recipe will surely help you decide on whether to create this taste sensation for your next meal.
Discover another mushroom steak recipe here: Portobello Mushroom Steaks in Chimichurri Sauce [Recipe]
Dinner Steak with Cremini Mushroom Sauce [Recipe]
4 steak cubes
3-4 tbsp cracked black pepper
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz. cremini mushrooms (sliced)
1 pc. shallot (peeled and minced)
2 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
1 tbsp basil (chopped)
1 cup (128 g) heavy cream
2 tbsp soft unsalted butter
- Season the steak cubes with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, add the seasoned steak cubes. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes with frequent stirring.
- Drain the steak cubes. Transfer onto a plate and cover with a piece of foil.
- Using the same pan, melt the unsalted butter.
- Toss in the mushrooms and shallots. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the minced garlic and cook for another 1 minute or until it turns golden brown.
- Add in the cooked steak cubes. Pour in the heavy cream. Cook over low heat until the cream reduces by 1/3.
- Stir in the chopped basil leaves and cook for another 1 minute. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary, to meet desired taste.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!