This steak with shiitake mushroom is a great meal to try and make at home. You can add or switch ingredients as your budget and time permits. This recipe is also a quick dish to prepare, and you will be done within minutes. For those that want to stay vegetarian, or eat less beef, this dish can be altered as well.
This Steak with Shiitake Mushroom Is As Good As A Restaurant Meal!
To prepare this steak with shiitake mushroom, you will need filet mignon steaks, salt, pepper, olive oil, butter, fresh ginger, garlic chives, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, sake, and mirin.
You can substitute some of these ingredients when you need to. Try using pork, chicken, tofu, sesame oil, peanut oil, ginger powder, garlic powder, Chinese rice wine, rice wine vinegar, and dry vermouth.
Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Season the steaks in the meantime, and then bake them along with the rest of the ingredients. Separately, mix the mirin and sake. You can stir fry your mushrooms with ginger and garlic, moving them around.
Finally, mix the cooked mushrooms with the mirin and sake and cook until the liquid reduces. Finish off by cooking the chives and adding the steak to the sauce.
You can serve this steak and shiitake mushroom with white or brown rice, as well as egg noodles.
If you want to add crunch, consider using peanuts, cashews, or toasted sesame seeds. You can also include more vegetables, such as carrots, snap peas, red bell peppers, water chestnuts, and onions.
Alternatively, if you want to change things up, exchange the mirin and sake with red wine and a touch of balsamic vinegar. You can simply switch a couple of the sauce ingredients to prepare a whole new dish every time.
Enjoy this meal warm and top with some fresh parsley and a glass of cold sake!
Steak with Shiitake Mushroom
4 pcs (8 oz.) filet mignon steaks
1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsps sake
2 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps diced ginger
2 tbsps mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
1 tbsp diced garlic
1 tbsp diced garlic chives
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F (204 C) degrees.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Sear the steaks in olive oil for 4 minutes each side.
- Bake the steak in the oven for 12 minutes then set aside
- Mix mirin and sake in a bowl.
- Stir fry ginger and garlic in 3 tbsp of butter for 3 mins.
- Add in 1/2 tsp of salt, and then the mushrooms.
- Cook the shiitake mushrooms for 5 mins.
- Add the mirin mixture and let it cook until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Add half cup of unsalted butter.
- Melt down the butter in low heat for about 9 minutes until the butter gets brown.
- Add in the garlic chives.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Spoon the shiitake mushroom sauce on top of the steak.
- Serve and enjoy.
Looking to try another delicious and healthy mushroom recipe? Check out this Cream of Morel Mushroom Soup recipe!