We all want to be healthy, particularly more when summer is around the corner. This baked trout with buttered mushrooms recipe will help you.
This is an easy dish, but also very healthy, making it the perfect option for when you’re limited for time.
Get Your Fiber and Essential Fats with This Baked Trout in Mushroom Butter Sauce Dish
Let me tell you why you should use and eat mushrooms
While mushrooms contain selenium, vitamin C, choline, vitamin D, and potassium, they also contain lots of fiber.
The American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends that every adult consumes 22.4–33.6 g of fiber daily, and one single mushroom gives you 1g of fiber.
Therefore, consuming mushrooms gives you a lot of soluble fiber, aiding in digestion, and preventing heart disease and diabetes thanks to the removal of blood cholesterol and sugar.
Eat some trout for those omegas 3 and 6!
Many people don’t realize these essential fatty acids are abundant in fish. However, consuming fatty fish, including trout, can contribute to heart health.
Trout is a good source of lean protein, iodine, vitamin D, and most importantly, omega 3 and 6.
By the way, omega 3 tends to be lacking in people’s diet, and it is important in neural connections, body function, and reduces the risk of disease.
Finish off with lemons, parsley, and garlic!
These three nutrients are great for immunity, but they also provide your body with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Also, garlic is a good prebiotic, which, along with mushrooms, will help regulate your GI tract.
Lemons, on the other hand, are high in vitamin C, a nutrient that helps boost your immunity, and protects your heart.
Try this baked trout in mushroom butter sauce recipe for a heart-healthy diet that will protect you from disease as well!
Discover another buttered mushroom recipe here: Tender Chicken Breast with Buttered Mushroom Sauce [Recipe]
Baked Trout with Buttered MushroomsCourse: Mushroom Recipes
5 trout, cleaned and dried
1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
ground black pepper
1/2 – 3/4 lb (approx. 225 g – 300 g) mushrooms
1/4 – 1/2 cup (32 – 64 g) butter
4 tbsp fine dry breadcrumbs
4 green onions, sliced
3 fresh lemons
2 tbsp minced parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C).
- Cover the whole trout with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper.
- Arrange half of the mushroom slices on a casserole dish. Then place the trout on top.
- Dredge the breadcrumbs on top, followed by the green onions, parsley and garlic.
- In a small pan, heat the butter with olive oil over medium heat, and add the juice of 2 lemons.
- Pour the whole mixture over the trout. Bake in the oven for 22 to 26 min.
- Heat some butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the remaining mushrooms and cook for 3 min.
- You can now lay it over the baked trout and serve it with rice.