This Tender Chicken Breast with Buttered Mushroom recipe will complete your big day.
There’s a family reunion coming in the next few weeks, but you haven’t decided what food to serve. The only dish that pops into your mind is the famous fried chicken. Though fried chicken is a true winner for many, you may want to try another dish that has proven quite popular.
Well, worry no more for here is an addition to your chicken recipe that you and your family will also love.
Serve Chicken Breast with Buttered Mushroom To Your Loved Ones
You can share this savory meal with the ones you love. Surely, they will enjoy its rich taste and you can also be sure of the health benefits that your family and friends are able to get.
The chicken breast in particular is a healthy part of this bird since it is low in fat and an exceptional source of lean protein. Chicken also contains vitamin B, vitamin D, calcium, iron, zinc, and trace amounts of vitamin A and vitamin C.
Add Mushrooms For More Nutrition
Mushrooms are popular fungi that are delicious in taste and abundant in nutritional benefits. They are low in fat but high in fiber. This dietary fiber supports the healthy microbes inside the gut.
Mushrooms are also hearty and can make you feel fuller. Therefore, they can help in managing your weight since they improve daily energy by restricting fat intake, leaving you more satisfied.
Mushrooms can even help keep you young since they contain a high amount of ergothioneine and glutathione. These two anti-oxidants guard the body against physiological stress thus, prevent visible signs of aging. Your family and friends will definitely approve of these benefits.
Tender Chicken Breast with Buttered Mushroom Sauce
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion [chopped]
1 cup (128 g) mushroom [sliced]
1/2 cup (64 g) light cream
1 tbsp fresh parsley [chopped]
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Prepare 2 wax sheets. Put the skinless chicken breasts between the sheets.
- Using a kitchen hammer, pound the chicken until they are flat or become 1/4 inch thick.
- Flavor the chicken with salt and pepper. Then, sprinkle the flour.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, cook one side of the chicken breasts for 7 to 9 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook the other side for another 7 to 9 minutes.
- Then, drain the chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the butter over high heat. When the butter melts, toss in the onions and mushrooms. Cook for 6 minutes. Lower the heat.
- Pour in the light cream, then, mix the parsley, mustard and lemon juice.
- Stir the mixture continuously and allow it to cook until it starts boiling. Turn off the stove.
- Place the fried chicken breasts into the serving plates and pour the mushroom sauce over.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!