What’s up pasta lovers? Are you craving a decent pasta dish? Worry no more for aglio olio pasta with mushroom recipe is here, ready to satisfy your appetite.
You do not have to go to an Italian restaurant to enjoy a delicious pasta meal. You can make one now, right there in the comfort of your own home. Aside from its delightful flavor, it can also help strengthen your body due to the nutritional benefits it contains.
So, how healthy is this Aglio Olio pasta with mushroom? Let us see.
The Health Benefits Of Aglio Olio Pasta With Mushroom
Edible mushrooms are known to be a healthy food. Here are some of the benefits the body can get by consuming mushrooms regularly. Mushrooms may help you keep young because they contain ergothioneine and glutathione.
These two antioxidants may protect the body from physiological stress that may result in wrinkles and other visible signs of aging. Also, some research shows that eating at least five button mushrooms per day may also help prevent Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Aside from that, mushrooms with UVB label can also help make the bones strong. These are the mushrooms that were exposed to sunlight while growing. This process converts a compound called ergosterol into vitamin D, which plays an important role in maintaining proper bone structure.
A Treat for Aglio Olio Pasta Lovers
Another ingredient of this recipe is garlic. Garlic contains sulfur compounds, which are believed to bring some quite unique health benefits.
Don’t you agree that aglio olio pasta with mushroom is a great addition to your healthy food options?
Check out another mushroom pasta recipe here: Creamy Oyster Mushroom Pasta with Chicken and Bacon [Recipe]
Aglio Olio Pasta with Mushroom Slices
1 lb (450 g) linguine (cooked al dente)
6 tbsp butter
10 cloves garlic (minced)
6 cremini mushrooms (sliced)
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
parmesan cheese (grated)
- Heat a saucepan of water over medium heat.
- Cook the linguine pasta in a pot of boiling water. Make sure the pasta is firm. Set aside when cooked.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp of butter and allow to melt.
- Toss in the garlic, mushrooms and basil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Adjust seasoning, if necessary, to achieve desired taste.
- Cook for 6 to 8 more minutes until the mushrooms become soft.
- Add the rest of the butter and stir in the olive oil.
- Turn off the heat. Mix the cooked linguine.
- Serve warm.