There’s good news for parents out there! Are you having a hard time searching for a nutritious meal that will also satisfy your child’s taste buds? Well, no need to look further!
This mushroom bites with bacon and cheese filling recipe may be the answer to your prayers.
We all know that bacon and cheese can prick the ears of most children. So, why not add some mushrooms to your bacon and cheese dish?
This will not only add flavor to your meal, but will also help your child maintain a healthy body. Now, let us see how we benefit from eating mushrooms.
How Mushroom Bites With Bacon And Cheese Help The Body
Mushrooms are known to make Mario’s height taller and somewhat stronger when we talk about video games. In real life, this has a similarity to what mushrooms can do to the body. Mushrooms can help make the body strong.
There are many different types of edible mushrooms such as button, oyster, porcini and chanterelles. They contain protein, fiber, and B vitamins. Mushrooms even have a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues.
Some studies show that mushrooms have been shown to help lower cholesterol. Also, mushrooms may help maintain healthy blood pressure and circulations thus, protect the heart.
Also, do not forget the cheese. Cheese has calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamins A, D, and K that can contribute to bone health, preventing your bones from developing osteoporosis.
Fermented cheese may also help boost healthy gut bacteria, which could have a good effect on one’s blood cholesterol levels.
Yes, you can let your children enjoy their meal with this mushroom bites with bacon and cheese recipe, while also giving them a boost for a healthier body.
Discover another cheesy mushroom recipe here: Tasty and Cheesy Baked Oyster Mushroom Tart [Recipe]
Mushroom Bites with Bacon and Cheese Filling
1 lb (450 g) mushroom
3 slices turkey bacon (chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 cup (128 g) mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup (64 g) soft breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp salt
- Wash the mushrooms. Remove the stems from the caps. Chop the stems into smaller pieces and set both aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Place a pan over medium heat on the stove and pour in a splash of oil.
- Toss in the garlic and onion then add the chopped mushroom stems and the turkey bacon.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let it cook for 6 more minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients – the breadcrumbs and oregano. Adjust seasoning, if needed, to meet desired taste.
- Fill in the mushroom caps with this bacon mixture.
- Place the caps on a baking sheet and place the pan in the oven.
- Let it cook for 11 more minutes.
- Open the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of each cap.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve the mushrooms warm.