Craving for pasta? Step away from the same old red sauces and try this Creamy Oyster Mushroom Pasta with Chicken and Bacon.
Health Benefits of Creamy Oyster Mushroom Pasta
Pasta is a very popular and staple food in many diets. But because it is high in carbohydrates, people often wonder if it is actually good for our health.
The good news is that studies today have shown that eating pasta is not associated with weight gain.
However, it is still important to limit our intake. On top of that, it is helpful to avoid sauces that are high in fats and sugar.
So, the secret to great pasta is a healthy sauce. It’s not just the taste that matters, but the ingredients too.
Therefore, to lift the sauce to spectacular, add some delicious oyster mushrooms, chicken and bacon.
Oyster mushrooms will add a nutty and seafood-like flavor to your sauce. They are not only flavorful but incredibly nutritious, too.
These mushrooms contain B-glucans that have antiviral and antiallergenic properties.
They are helpful in boosting our immune system by enhancing our body’s macrophages and natural defensive cells.
Other Health Benefits of Chicken and Bacon
Chicken and bacon are surprisingly healthy too, when eaten in proper serving sizes. Chicken is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
For example, Vitamin D promotes bone health while Vitamin A improves eyesight and boosts our immune system.
At the same time, bacon is a natural mood enhancer. It contains a high amount of glutamate, which is involved in most normal brain functions.
Also, bacon is healthy for the heart because it contains omega-3, which reduces bad cholesterol in our body.
Oyster mushrooms, chicken and bacon are all good sources of B vitamins that help in energy production and red blood cell formation.
All three of these ingredients make for a perfect combo when added to your incredibly healthy pasta. This dish will surely be your new favorite and even the kids will love it.
Discover another Oyster mushroom recipe here: Nutritious and Gluten-Free Oyster Mushroom Soup [Recipe]
Oyster Mushroom Pasta with Chicken and Bacon
2 tbsp olive oil
3 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
6 slices bacon
2 cups (256 g) oyster mushrooms
1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups (approx. 200 g) heavy cream
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup (128 g) parmesan cheese (shredded)
8 oz (200 g) dried Tagliatelle pasta
salt and pepper (to taste)
- Prepare all the ingredients. Thinly slice the chicken breast and chop the bacon then set aside.
- Boil the pasta over high heat with a pinch of salt.
- When the pasta is cooked, set it aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet (frying pan) over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken breast and set aside.
- In the same skillet (frying pan), add the chopped bacon and cook until crispy. Set it aside and let cool.
- Use the same skillet (frying pan) to cook the mushroom slices until they turn golden brown and tender. Transfer on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to the skillet (frying pan). Stir until the sauce is thick.
- Add the mushroom slices to the skillet (frying pan) and cook until the mushrooms absorb the flavor.
- Pour the pasta and chicken breast into the same container and add the sauce. Top with crispy bacon.