Get energized with this creamy beef egg noodle recipe, topped with your favorite mushrooms.
Noodles are considered comfort food by many around the world. It has been a part of global cuisines for many years now. There are different kinds of noodles and one of them is egg noodles.
In some cultures, a bowl of hot noodle soup can be served at any time of day. True, noodles can make one’s tummy satisfied. Do you need proof? Well, this delicious noodles recipe is a good one.
How Good Are Egg Noodles with Mushrooms?
The taste of noodles always depends on the one preparing or cooking the recipe. Some may prefer to add more flavor while some may just add a little.
Nevertheless, cooking food with love will definitely reflect on the face of the one eating it.
Aside from the flavorful taste, this recipe is also full of vitamins and minerals. The mushrooms in the egg noodle have anti-inflammatory powers. They contain a powerful antioxidant called ergothioneine, which may help lower inflammation throughout the body.
What else? Some studies show that mushrooms could help combat the signs of aging because of the high amounts of antioxidants. These are ergothioneine and glutathione, which both contain anti-aging properties.
What’s In An Egg?
An egg is amazingly nutritious and also considered a superfood. Egg yolks carry a huge amount of both lutein and zeaxanthin. These two nutrients are vital for eye health since they help reduce the risk of common eye disorders such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
In addition, eggs are also high in vitamin A, which is which is key for good vision. Bear in mind that lack of vitamin A is one of the common causes of blindness.
Through this recipe of egg noodles with mushrooms, you can be sure that you have a hearty meal plus the nutrition that your body needs.
Discover another mushroom recipe here: Creamy Oyster Mushroom Pasta with Chicken and Bacon [Recipe]
Creamy Beef Egg Noodles with Mushrooms
7.5 – 8 lbs (approx. 3.5 kgs) boneless beef chuck roast (cut into chunks)
ground black pepper
1 box of 32 oz (approx. 950 ml) beef broth
1 large onion (sliced)
1 envelope (1 oz or 25 g) French onion soup mix
1/4 cup (60 ml) steak sauce
1 tbsp garlic (minced)
4 tbsp butter
16 oz (400 g) mushrooms (sliced)
4 tbsp cornstarch
4 tbsp cold water
32 oz (800 g) frozen egg noodles (cooked and drained)
- Heat a splash of oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the oil is warm, cook the beef for 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Pour in the broth, soup mix and steak sauce. Also add the onions, garlic and butter. Season with salt.
- Turn down the stove to low heat. Allow the mixture to cook for 10 minutes.
- Then, toss in the mushrooms. Cook for another 16 to 22 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the cover.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cold water with the cornstarch. Add this mixture into the pot and mix well.
- Allow it to cook for another 6 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Stir in the cooked egg noodles. Adjust seasoning, if necessary, to desired taste.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!