Now that we are all cooking so much at home, you will really want to make dinners that are easy and nutritious. You might wonder where and how you could find something like that. Well, have you tried this chicken fillet in mushroom sauce recipe?
If you ever needed another reason for using mushrooms in your kitchen, let us tell you about their various health benefits.
The Unknown Benefits of Your New Favorite Chicken Fillet in Mushroom Sauce
First, let’s talk about the fiber content. Mushrooms have a high amount of soluble fiber, and this helps maintain low blood cholesterol and managing blood sugar.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends at least 24g for women and 38g of fiber for men, daily. The more fiber you eat, the less risk there is for heart disease and diabetes.
Mushrooms contain vitamins and minerals, including potassium, copper, riboflavin, niacin, and folate. Some of which are hard to find in common foods.
Eating mushrooms boosts your immunity, bone strength, and creates stronger neural connections for better cognition.
What about the rest of the ingredients?
Starting with thyme, this herb is considered an antibacterial and antiseptic food. And it can help your gut fight off infections.
Furthermore, the active component in thyme, known as Thymol, provides protection for your immune system.
Onions may also become your new favorite, as they are prebiotic, and can help balance your gut microbiota. This regulates your digestion and absorption.
And if you are still wondering the need to use allspice, this is a mix of various spices. It is a potent food for medicinal uses, since it is a carminative.
Allspice can relieve gas, bloating, vomiting, and constipation. And it is anti-inflammatory, so you can use it to fight off inflammation.
Time to make this easy chicken fillet in mushroom sauce now. It will definitely become a dinner favorite and give you and your family the nutrients you all need!
Chicken Fillet in Mushroom Sauce
1/3 cup (approx 40 g) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 ground allspice
4 large boneless chicken breasts, halves
1/4 cup (32 g) butter
1 lb (450 g) mushrooms, sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup (128 g) whipping cream
1 cup (240 ml) canned low-sodium chicken broth
- To start, preheat the oven for 350 F (176 C).
- Combine all-purpose flour, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, and allspice in a mixing bowl. Set aside 1 tbsp of the mixture.
- Prepare your chicken by seasoning it with salt and pepper, and dust it with the flour mixture.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat. Then, fry the chicken for 4 to 6 min on each side. Drain the chicken and set it aside.
- In the same pan, stir in the mushrooms, onions, and the remaining 1 tsp thyme. Allow it to cook for 6 min.
- You can now add in the 1 tbsp flour mixture that you set aside and continuously stir for 1 min.
- Pour in the broth with cream and bring it to a boil.
- While it’s boiling, stir the cooked chicken breast. Allow it to cook for 6 min.
- Best served warm with some noodles or rice.