If you like the sound of mushroom gratin then don’t be afraid of making it at home. This dish is not only delicious and easy to make, but also good for your heart.
In this article, we’ll share some of the secret benefits of mushrooms.
This Mushroom Gratin is Not Only Heart-Healthy But Very Tasty
Want to protect your heart? Try adding mushrooms to your diet!
For starters, mushrooms are high in fiber. More specifically, it is a soluble fiber that absorbs cholesterol in your blood.
That’s why consuming this vegetable can reduce your blood cholesterol and protect your heart.
Also, this type of fiber can help manage blood sugar levels. That means if you eat mushrooms, your blood sugar won’t spike. This can prevent type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Finally, mushrooms are a great source of antioxidants, including high levels of ergothioneine and glutathione. These two antioxidants stop free radicals from damaging your cells, which is often a cause of inflammation and heart problems.
Let’s talk about the rest of the ingredients!
Aside from mushrooms, this recipe is a good way to consume minerals and vitamins.
Starting with mozzarella cheese, which is not only a low-fat cheese, but also a good source of calcium. Eating this cheese will help deposit calcium for stronger bones into your system.
However, it is also a great source of protein that can slow down the digestion of sugars and give you more energy.
The sour cream in this recipe is a great way to obtain more calcium and vitamin D. These two work together to create better bone health, but they also strengthen your immune system.
As for the garlic, you may already know that this is a prebiotic food, which can promote healthy bowel movements. Garlic is also a powerful antioxidant that has been proven to lower blood pressure.
Finally, the parsley is a great herb, full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, C, K, folate, and potassium.
Now that you know a treat like this mushroom gratin not only protects your heart, but also adds healthy nutrients to your diet, why not make it a staple at home?
Discover another amazing mushroom recipe here: Make a Hearty Meal with These Chicken Tenders with Cremini [Recipe]
1/4 cup (32 g) butter
2 lbs. (900 g) mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2/3 cups (85 g) sour cream
salt and pepper
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/4 cup (32 g) chopped parsley
1 cup (128 g) mozzarella cheese
- To start, preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C). Get a casserole dish and coat it with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms and allow it to cook for 4 min.
- Then add the garlic and cook them for another 1 min.
- Combine the sour cream and the flour in a bowl, season it with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour it over the mushroom and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and spoon it into the greased dish, then top it with shredded mozzarella cheese and parsley.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 12 to 16 min.
- Best served warm with rice or some noodles. Enjoy!