You have probably had cremini mushrooms before. Along with white ones, these mushrooms are highly popular. Why not get a taste of these chicken tenders with cremini mushrooms?
Also, did you know that the cremini mushrooms you use are high in various nutrients and have immense health benefits?
All the Unexpected Benefits of the Mushrooms in Your Chicken Tenders with Cremini
Vitamins and Minerals
To start with, cremini mushrooms have a relatively high protein and fiber content, as well as phosphorus, potassium, and vitamin D. This vegetable is also high in B vitamins and selenium, making it a great substitute for those that don’t eat meat.
What about their carbohydrate content? While mushrooms do have carbohydrates, they are prebiotics, such as Chitin, Hemicellulose, Beta-glucan, Alpha-glucan, Mannans, Xylans, and Galatians.
All of these are not readily absorbed by our bodies, but instead are used to improve digestion, lower blood cholesterol, and blood sugar levels.
Consuming cremini mushrooms is a good way to keep your body free from carcinogenic substances and inflammation. All of these substances can lead to disease and fatigue.
Are cremini mushrooms the only healthy food in this dish?
Along these same lines, other nutrients in this recipe are good for your body. The parsley is another anti-carcinogenic herb that is high in vitamin K and the flavonoid myricetin.
Garlic, on the other hand, is another prebiotic food, that also regulates your bowel movements, while fighting off inflammation. Finally, we can’t forget about the cheese. The Gorgonzola cheese in this recipe has lower lactose content, but it is high in calcium, phosphorus, vitamins A, and E.
To conclude, remember that eating chicken is a good way to get lean protein. It also nourishes your body with other nutrients like lipids, B-group vitamins, and minerals like iron, zinc, and copper.
While the cream in this recipe can add fat content, the rest of this chicken tenders with cremini meal is highly nutritious!
Chicken Tenders with Cremini Mushroom Sauce
1 lb (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breast
3 tbsp olive oil
6 oz (150 g) cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup (120 ml) broth
1/3 cup (approx 40 g) heavy cream
2 oz (50 g) crumbled Gorgonzola
2 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- Prepare your chicken breast by cutting them into 3/4 inch slices. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat in 2 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium heat. Then fry half of the chicken slices for 2 to 3 min on each side.
- Drain the oil and set aside. Then fry the rest of the chicken with the same process.
- On the same pan heat in 1 tbsp of oil. Saute the mushroom 4 min and season it with a pinch of salt.
- Add in the garlic and let it cook for another min. Pour in the broth and allow it to cook for 2 to 3 min.
- You can now stir in the cream and let them cook for 2 min. Then add in 2/3 of the Gorgonzola cheese, mix until it melts.
- You can now add in the cooked chicken slices and heat them for a few more mins. You can also adjust the seasoning according to taste.
- Top your creamy mushroom skillet with the remaining cheese and some parsley.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!