While not many people think that this chicken liver and mushroom pate will be the best thing they make, this truly is a fantastic recipe. Do not despair at the thought of making pate yourself, as it only takes a few steps, but the results are worth trying. You can surprise your guests during your next get-together or cocktail party.
Try This Chicken Liver and Mushroom Pate For Your Next Cocktail Party
For this chicken liver and mushroom pate, you need to have mushrooms, sour cream, chicken liver, Madeira wine, tarragon, parsley, butter, slivered almonds, onion, and salt.
You could substitute some of these ingredients if needed. Try using cream cheese, port wine, sherry wine, oregano, thyme, chopped pine nuts, and chives.
Mixing mushrooms and chicken liver may sound odd, but it is a very good combination. On one hand, your mushrooms will add flavor, umami, and tons of nutrients. They are full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin D, B vitamins, selenium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc.
Even though some people stay away from organ meat, the liver is sometimes considered a superfood due to all of its health benefits. Chicken liver is no different and might be worth including in your diet every once in a while.
Chicken liver is high in vitamin B12, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin E, copper, choline, B vitamins, and protein. One of the best benefits of the liver is the amount of iron and vitamin B12 it has, which is perfect for preventing anemia. It is also low in calories, so consuming it can be good for those suffering from heart disease or looking to lose weight.
You can make this chicken liver and mushroom pate at home and serve it after it has cooled. However, you could also store it for a few days and eat it for a healthy, quick snack every so often.
Enjoy this delicious and fancy dish for your next party and surprise everyone with your skills!
Chicken Liver and Mushroom Pate
1/2 lb (227 g) chicken liver
3 cups (384 g) mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup (64 g) parsley, chopped
1/2 cup (64 g) slivered, toasted almonds
1/3 cup (79 ml) sour cream
6 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Madeira wine
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
1 small onion, diced
- Melt 3 tbsp (half) of butter in a large skillet.
- Saute onion for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms and tarragon and cook for another 7 minutes until the mushroom releases juice. Let it cool.
- Melt the remaining butter in another skillet.
- Cook the chicken liver for 10 minutes.
- Add wine and cook them for another 3 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Pour them into a food processor once they’ve cooled.
- Add almonds and blend until smooth.
- Add sour cream and salt and blend for another few seconds until well mixed.
- Set pate in a serving bowl and garnish with parsley.
- Place into a refrigerator for an hour before serving.
Looking to try another tasty and nutritious mushroom dish? Check out this Chicken Piccata with Mushroom recipe!