If you like easy dinner ideas, these mushroom quesadillas are a fantastic recipe to have handy. You can make these on a Sunday night, when you want a quick lunch, or as a side dish! Try it once and you will want to make these very often.
This Mushroom Quesadillas Recipe Is Easy To Prepare At Any Time
Quesadillas are not just bar-food!
Some people believe that quesadillas are boring, or too greasy, and belong only in bars or fast-food restaurants. This is not true all the time, especially when it comes to these mushroom quesadillas!
When you want to prepare this dish, you should have butter, chili powder, garlic, oregano, white button mushrooms, chicken, onions, cilantro, cheddar cheese, corn tortillas, olive oil, salt, pepper, and salsa ready.
As with everything else, you can substitute some of the ingredients. Try going with oil, paprika, turkey, pork, oyster mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, or any other mushrooms you like, red onions, dry cilantro, Swiss cheese, flour tortillas, and tomatoes.
If you do not want to mess with your grill and want to toast up the tortillas, you can quickly toast them on the stove. Simply turn on the burner and using tongs rotate the tortillas until they look ready. Be careful not to burn the tortillas or yourself!
In the meantime, follow the normal steps for cooking your mushrooms and other ingredients. Then, transfer the food to a bowl. Place one tortilla at a time, top with the filling, place another tortilla on top, and fry in the saucepan for a minute or so on each side.
For a more filling meal, pair your mushroom quesadillas with some fresh homemade guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream! This recipe also goes well with a Mexican tortilla soup, if you like to keep things interesting.
Serve your mushroom quesadillas warm with some dips and an ice-cold beer!
16 corn tortillas
10 oz (250 g) white button mushrooms, sliced
3 cup (384 g) cheddar cheese
2 cups (256 g) cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 cup (64 g) onion, chopped
1/4 – 1/3 cup (32g – 40g) butter
1/4 cup (32 g) cilantro
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
2-3 tsp chili powder
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the garlic, oregano, and chili powder for about 40 seconds.
- Mix in the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, cilantro and onion.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Turn heat off and let the mixture sit for 25 minutes.
- Preheat and grease your grill.
- Coat one side of the 8 tortillas with olive oil and place them greased-side down on the baking pan.
- Spoon in the chicken and mushroom mixture and cover them with the remaining tortillas.
- Grease the top with olive oil and put them on the grill.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Slice tortillas into wedges.
- Serve hot with sour cream.
Looking to try another delicious mushroom recipe? Check out this Chicken and Portobello Marsala recipe!