We all like to give ourselves a cheat day during the week, and these portobella turkey burgers are the perfect dish. You will not only satisfy your cravings, but you will also be giving your body the nutrients it needs.
These Portobella Turkey Burgers Are A Very Healthy Treat
Why portobella mushrooms?
These mushrooms are a fantastic source of nutrients that you need daily. Some of these are even hard to get on a regular basis for most of us. In particular, you’ll be giving your body a good source of B vitamins, some of which are hard to come by in your diet.
One particular B vitamin that you can get at high levels in portobella mushrooms is niacin, also known as vitamin B3. This vitamin is an essential part of creating a compound called NAD, which is crucial for cellular functioning and energy production.
Also, niacin works wonders on your skin and brain functioning. You can get about the daily value you need from 2 servings of portobella mushrooms.
Other important B vitamins in these mushrooms include vitamin B12 and B6. These are also essential in main cellular functioning and energy utilization.
When you lack B vitamins, you feel drained and tired, and you probably don’t think correctly. However, eating portobella mushrooms can help solve this problem and nourish your brain and cells as well.
What about the rest of the ingredients?
This recipe is high in protein, thanks to the turkey meat, which is lean and provides you with the necessary protein to keep you satisfied.
Other good ingredients here are garlic, onion, and rosemary, which give you antibacterial protection and antioxidant activity that makes your body react better to environmental factors and everything else.
Make these delicious portobella turkey burgers for a healthy treat. You can eat them without the bun and even use them as a base for fried rice too.
Portobella Turkey Burgers
1 lb (450 g) ground turkey breast
1 tbsp olive oil
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1 red onion, sliced
6 oz (150 g) portobella mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
4 sourdough French rolls
- To start, you need to grease and preheat the oven grill.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic for 2 min. Then remove it from the pan and drain it. Allow it to cool down before chopping it.
- Using the same pan, cook the soy sauce with onions for 3 min.
- Add the mushrooms and allow to cook for another 6 min.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar and cook for 40 sec. You can now turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool down. Set aside.
- Combine the cooked garlic with the turkey, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Form 4 patties with the mixture. Place the patties over the grill and cook them for 5 to 7 min on each side.
- Remove the burger patties from the grill and transfer them to the bread rolls.
- Mix the blue cheese with the mushroom mixture, and top it over the burgers.
- Best served with some salad greens.