In this article, we will create a hearty dish called Mushroom Delight with Crabmeat Filling.
Many people love seafood, and crab is one of the crowd’s favorite. It is not surprising since crab tastes delectable. Not only that! It is also loaded with various amounts of health benefits. Imagine this nutritious delicacy paired with another healthy ingredient like mushrooms.
This dish will no doubt be a great addition to your growing list of delicious and nutritious recipes.
What Can Mushroom Delight With Crabmeat Filling Contribute To Your Health
Mushrooms are fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and cholesterol-free. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, which helps guard the body against harmful free radicals that can cause heart disease and cancer.
Also, they contain a particular antioxidant called selenium which aids in strengthening the immune system. Mushrooms also contain a nutrient called choline, which plays a vital role in sleep, memory, learning, and muscle movement.
Plus, eating mushrooms can have plenty of benefits for the body since they contain B vitamins. B vitamins include riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid. These three work together to protect your heart health. Riboflavin is good for red blood cells, while niacin is great for the digestive system and for maintaining healthy skin.
Another benefit that we can get from eating mushroom is pantothenic acid, which is good for the nervous system and helps the body make the hormones it needs.
One other benefit that we can get from mushroom is potassium. Potassium is truly important when we talk about heart, muscle, and nerve function. It prevents muscle cramps, and helps support muscle mass.
Appetizing Mushroom Recipe
With all of these benefits stated above, you will no doubt fall in love with this dish. Do not miss this Mushroom Delight with Crab-meat Filling recipe for your next meal. Cheerio!
Discover another yummy mushroom recipe here: Tasty Mushroom Bites with Bacon and Cheese Filling [Recipe]
White Mushroom Delight with Crabmeat Filling
1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
24 large white mushrooms
12 oz (300 g) flaked crab meat
4 tbsp chopped onions
1 tsp dry mustard
3 cups (approx. 385 g) parmesan cheese (shredded)
1 cup (128 g) soft breadcrumbs
2 tsp parsley (chopped)
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1 large egg (beaten)
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup (64 g) butter
1/4 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease baking dish with some butter and set aside.
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly. Rinse and dry. Cut the stems from the mushroom caps and chop into smaller pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and mayo. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, toss in the chopped mushroom stems. Add in the onions, crab meat, breadcrumbs, parsley, red and black pepper, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle 1/8 tsp of garlic salt.
- Add in the egg and mayo mixture to the mixing bowl. Make sure all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Place the mushroom caps in the greased baking dish. Stuff each cap with the mushroom mixture.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. When the pan is warm, add in the butter and 1/4 garlic salt. Cook until it melts.
- Pour the butter mixture over the stuffed mushroom caps. Then, sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of Parmesan cheese on top.
- Put the baking dish in the preheated oven. Allow to cook for 22 to 26 minutes.
- Serve it warm. Enjoy!