Try This Decadent Black Trumpet Linguine For A Satisfying Meal
There’s nothing better than a vegetarian meal like this black trumpet linguine that truly leaves you feeling happy and full. What if, on top of this, you could also get some health benefits out of it?
That’s the case with this dish, as the mushrooms in it can provide your body with more nutrients and medicinal properties than you imagine.
What makes black trumpet mushrooms so special?
To start, mushrooms are highly nutritious fungi. They contain high amounts of B vitamins, vitamin D, E, and A. They also have minerals, including potassium, phosphorus, and selenium.
However, the magic behind these mushrooms includes the number of polysaccharides they have. Particularly β-glucan polymers, like chitin, mannans, galactans, and xylans. These complex carbohydrates have amazing benefits for your body.
For one, they increase bulk in your digestion, which promotes removing glucose and cholesterol from your body. This process also helps maintain a healthy gut environment for better absorption of nutrients.
At the same time, these same polysaccharides have proven to reduce the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and dyslipidemia, or high blood cholesterol levels.
Finally, because they keep enzyme activities regulated in key organs like the pancreas and liver, mushrooms can prevent damage to your cells that often lead to cancer.
Overall, it is always a great idea to add mushrooms to your diet and help your body become stronger against outside factors that slowly cause damage.
And what about the rest of the meal?
This dish is truly beneficial for your health; especially because it contains nutmeg, white pepper, and chives. These three ingredients promote digestion, while also helping protect your body against inflammatory and oxidative pathways.
All in all, if you want to make a dinner that is both delicious and beneficial for you, then this black trumpet linguine is the right call. You won’t regret not having any meat, and your appetite will certainly not miss it!
Discover another black trumpet recipe here: Black Trumpet Grits Is The Food Your Brain Needs [Recipe]
Black Trumpet Linguine
1/2 lb (225 g) fresh black trumpets
6 tbsp butter
12 oz (300 g) linguine
fresh grated nutmeg
freshly ground white pepper
1/2 cup (64 g) Parmesan cheese
3-4 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Prepare the pasta. Pour salted water into a large pot and bring to a rolling boil.
- Immerse the mushrooms into cold water many times to remove grit. Drain well and squeeze dry. Then chop and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat. Heat 2 tbsp of butter.
- Stir in the mushroom and season with salt. Allow to cook for 10 min or until well wilted and tender.
- When the mushrooms are almost done, cook the pasta according to package instructions, or until al dente. Set aside 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Stir in the remaining butter, cooked mushrooms, grated nutmeg, and white pepper.
- Toss it to mix. You can add reserved pasta water if needed.
- Add in the cheese and toss until pasta is coated and all ingredients are combined.
- You can sprinkle with chives and additional cheese if desired.