What are a better vegetarian option than these brie and mushroom patties for your next meal? This recipe is perfect for a romantic dinner date, a meal for two, or a quick lunch. You can make it within minutes, and it will truly stay in your memory forever. Plus, a few swaps here and there will make this meal completely new.
These Brie and Mushroom Patties Make for a Tasty Snack or Meal
To make these brie and mushroom patties, you need mushrooms, an egg, olive oil, parsley, roasted garlic, brie, white bread, salt, and pepper.
If you need to, you can substitute some of these ingredients. Try using camembert, cheddar, mozzarella, butter, dry parsley, cilantro, brioche, challah bread, and garlic powder.
When you are a cheese lover, brie is not even a question. However, those that tend to stray away from complex flavors and aromas, may not be inclined to always use brie. This dish should be the exception, though, because this cheese does add a mixture of flavors that make the patty unique.
Brie cheese is also very healthy, so using it can add nutrients to your recipes. For one, it contains protein, calcium, vitamin B12, vitamin A, riboflavin, sodium, and even fiber. It is also less harmful to those with lactose intolerance because of its aging process.
Mushrooms and brie combine perfectly. On one hand, you have the pungency and strength of the cheese, while the mushrooms add earthiness and umami. Adding parsley and garlic brings out even more flavors, but you can add as many herbs and spices as you want.
Be sure to bake these patties right before you serve them for ultimate flavors, but they hold up even when you prepare them ahead of time.
Serve them warm on bread or on their own with garlic fries on the side! Or enjoy them with a tasty green salad.
Brie and Mushroom Patties
5 oz (142 g) mushrooms, finely chopped
3 1/2 oz (99 g) brie, chopped
3 cloves garlic, roasted
1 slice white bread
3 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of salt
ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Cook garlic and mushrooms for 10 minutes, until mushrooms release juice.
- Once done, remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Blend bread and parsley in a food processor until crumbs are formed.
- Mix crumbs with the mushrooms.
- Add brie, salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat egg and add it to the mixture, mix well.
- Divide the mixture, roll them into balls and press down to create a patty.
- Arrange the patties in a greased baking tray.
- Heat the oven to 375 F (191 C).
- Bake the patties for 20 minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking to try another delicious and tasty mushroom dish? Check out this Mushroom Pancetta Casserole recipe.