If you have been debating what to make for dinner tonight, it’s time to try this chicken with mushroom sauce.
You will be getting tons of protein, but the mushrooms will also help boost your immunity!
Making This Chicken With Mushroom Sauce is Easy and Healthy!
Time for those mushrooms to shine!
If you are like me, mushrooms are always in your fridge. Instead of letting them go bad, use them in this sauce for a boost to your immune system.
Mushrooms are a good source of minerals and vitamins. Including B vitamins that are essential for your immune cells to work properly.
Also, they contain vitamin E and copper, two very powerful antioxidants that along with ergothioneine and glutathione will protect your body from damage. They aid your immune system in fighting off disease, infection, and inflammation too.
Let’s discuss the cheese!
If you like cheese, this chicken with mushroom sauce is perfect for you.
Not only are mozzarella and Parmesan cheese low in fat, but they are also a good source of protein and calcium.
Eating these two kinds of cheese gives your body the daily amount of calcium it needs for stronger bones.
This mineral is a great way for your heart to remain healthy, and as evidence shows, for your immune system to be more efficient.
Don’t forget about the green onions!
Onions are a great source of fiber, but did you know that they also promote immunity?
Green onions a good source of vitamin C. This potent antioxidant vitamin can aid your immune system in fighting off disease by preventing free radical damage.
Also, green onions have traditionally been used as an antibiotic, as they seem to help fight bacteria including salmonella and e. Coli.
In case you needed more reasons to make this healthy dinner tonight, now you know it’ll make your immune system work better!
Discover another chicken and mushroom recipe here: Fried Chicken with Shiitake Mushroom Sauce [Recipe]
Chicken with Mushroom SauceCourse: Mushroom Recipes
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup (32 g) flour
3 tbsp butter
1 cup (128 g) mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup (120 ml) chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/3 cup (approx 40 g) mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup (approx 40 g) Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup (32 g) green onion, sliced
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Prepare your chicken by seasoning it with salt and pepper. Sprinkle and cover them with some flour.
- Over a medium heat place in a pan and heat in the butter.
- Then fry the chicken breast for 3 to 5 min on each side. Drain the grease and lay them on a baking sheet.
- On the same pan cook the mushrooms for 3 min. Then pour in the broth and season it with salt and pepper.
- Allow it boil and cook it for 6 min.
- Remove it from the heat and pour it over the chicken breast. Bake it in the oven for 16 min.
- Then remove it from the oven and top it with cheese and green onions.
- Put it back in the oven and allow it to cook for another 6 min.
- Serve warm, enjoy.