You can make this Dijon chicken with mushroom any time you want to feel like eating a gourmet dinner, just without the extra effort or money. In total, you will likely only spend 30 minutes preparing this meal, and it is super healthy and high in protein.
This Dijon Chicken with Mushroom Is A Fantastic Dinner Idea
If you are not sure about this meal, consider adding in a few more ingredients, or perhaps even mix in extra flavors. Dijon mustard goes well with herbs of all kinds, including cilantro, Herbs de Provence, and dill. Other seasonings that also work well include cumin, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
For this meal, you will need chicken breasts, flour, vegetable oil, butter, onions, mushrooms, light cream, fresh parsley, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. If you need to, though, you can switch some of these out.
Try adding turkey, pork chops, almond flour, olive oil, green onions, half and half, coconut milk, fresh cilantro, mustard powder, ground mustard, and lime juice.
Before you start cooking, try placing the chicken between wax sheets or parchment paper, and use a hammer to thin the breast out. This is a great way to make your chicken thinner, so it cooks easily and absorbs all the flavors!
Make sure to dust your chicken with flour, and then cook each side for about 7-9 minutes, though the time may vary. Be careful as you move the chicken because the flour will make a roux with the oil.
Once your chicken is cooked, be sure to put it aside, and then cook the mushrooms and onions with butter. Add in your cream, parsley, mustard, and lemon juice. Serve your chicken warm, with the sauce on top, and chop more fresh parsley on top! You can enjoy with roasted potatoes or egg noodles.
Dijon Chicken with Mushroom
4 halves skinless and boneless chicken breast
1 cup (128 g) mushroom, chopped
1/2 cup (118 ml) light cream
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp pasley, minced
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the chicken breast in between 2 wax sheets.
- Flatten them into 1/4 inch thickness using a pan or a kitchen hammer.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Dust them with flour.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken breast for 8 minutes each side.
- Drain the chicken and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan over high heat, and cook the mushrooms and onion in it for 6 minutes.
- Lower heat, stir in the cream, parsley, lemon juice and mustard.
- Bring to boil while stirring frequently.
- Transfer the chicken breast onto plates.
- Spoon the mushroom sauce over them.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking to try another tasty and delicious mushroom dish? Check out this Mushroom Pate recipe!