If you want to experiment in the kitchen, there is nothing better than this herbed mushroom chicken recipe.
The mushrooms in this dish, along with the many herbs, will make your meal nutritious and also reduce inflammation.
Try This Herbed Mushroom For a Decadent and Nourishing Meal
To start, let’s dig into the benefits of eating more mushrooms
As you may already know, mushrooms are a great source of minerals and vitamins. But, did you know that they are also highly antioxidant and anti-inflammatory?
The button mushrooms in this recipe contain B vitamins and selenium, all of which reduce the effect of free radicals and oxidative stress in your cells.
As a result, you will experience less inflammation and your body is better able to fight off disease.
Inflammation is the number one cause of chronic illness and heart disease, but the phytonutrients in mushrooms can reduce it significantly.
Now, it’s time to move onto the herbs and spices in this dish
This herbed mushroom chicken is a great source of spices and herbs that help your body.
To begin, both the paprika and cayenne pepper in this meal are a great source of capsaicin.
This compound can bind to inflammation receptors in your body and prevent more from occurring.
On the other hand, the herbs in the dish are also greatly beneficial. Thyme, oregano, parsley, and rosemary are a good source of vitamin K, vitamin C, and polyphenols.
These compounds can promote better blood coagulation, but also reduce oxidative stress, thus resulting in a lower risk for inflammation.
Finally, the onion and garlic will help your body increase immunity, which results in lessening the effect of free radicals.
These foods are also good for improving gut motility, which reduces the risk of complications and inflammation in the intestines.
As you can see, this dish is a tasty and wholesome meal that provides you with nutrients capable of reducing inflammation. It is definitely worth the time to cook this as if you were a professional chef!
Discover another chicken and mushroom recipe here: Fried Chicken with Shiitake Mushroom Sauce [Recipe]
Herbed Mushroom Chicken
1 tsp olive oil
6 chicken thighs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp butter
16 oz (400 g) button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup (128 g) yellow onion, sliced
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups (480 ml) dark chicken stock
2 tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
4 cups (512 g) steamed white rice
2 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped
country spice mix
2 1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
- Prepare your chicken thighs by rubbing them with the spice mix and some salt and pepper.
- Get a skillet (frying pan) and heat the oil over medium heat. Fry the chicken thighs for 4 to 5 mins on each side. Drain the oil and set it aside.
- Using the same pan, heat the butter, and cook the mushrooms for 5 min.
- You can now add the onions and garlic and cook them for 4 min.
- Then add the flour and cook for another 4 min while continuously stirring.
- Add in the tomato paste with rosemary and pour in the stock. Allow it to cook until it boils.
- You can now stir in the cooked chicken thighs and lower the heat. Allow them to cook for 35 min.
- Best served warm with rice.