Feeling hungry? White buttons mushroom with sausage is here to save the day. This meal will not just fill your hungry stomach but its savory flavor will also brighten your day.
Plus, this recipe can also give the body a boost of energy due to the healthy ingredients. Try this at home and let your family feel the satisfaction of having a happy tummy and a fit body.
What Can White Buttons Mushroom With Sausage Do For Your Health?
Mushrooms are definitely a popular food for many. Studies show that mushrooms have plenty of health benefits when consumed regularly. As aforementioned above, this dish can energize the body since it contains mushrooms. Mushrooms are rich in B vitamins such as riboflavin [B2], folate [B9], thiamine [B1], pantothenic acid [B5], and niacin [B3].
As you know, B vitamins help the body make use of the energy we get from the food we eat and produce red blood cells, which bring oxygen to the entire body.
Apart from that, mushrooms can contribute to having a healthier heart. Mushrooms can add great flavor to any recipe since these fungi contain glutamate ribonucleotides.
These compounds will surely contribute to a tastier dish without risking the heart’s health. In addition to that, mushrooms can also be an excellent alternative for meat, minus the calories, fat, and cholesterol.
White button mushrooms are also a good source of vitamin D when exposed to direct sunlight during its growth. Vitamin D can help strengthen the bones. Plus, mushrooms are a gut-friendly food.
Picking Wild Mushrooms
Just a friendly reminder, not all mushrooms are edible. There are some wild mushrooms that are toxic to humans. Thus, picking wild mushrooms is only for trained people who know how to identify them accurately. Enjoy your creamy white buttons mushroom with sausage meal!
Check out another yummy White Buttons mushroom recipe here: Healthy White Buttons Mushroom Soup with Veggies [Recipe]
Stuffed White Buttons Mushroom with Sausage
12 oz (300 g) white button mushrooms
8 oz (200 g) cream cheese
8 oz (200 g) turkey sausage (cut into smaller pieces)
1/4 cup (32 g) butter
3 cloves garlic (minced)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Wash the mushrooms thoroughly and drain them. Chop off the stems and cut into smaller pieces. Set the mushroom caps aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is warm, toss in the garlic and cook until golden brown. Add the sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped mushroom stems. Let them cook for 3 more minutes. Discard excess oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese with the sausage mixture. Mix well to make the filling. Season with salt and pepper to meet desired taste.
- Grease the baking dish. Place the mushroom caps and spoon the sausage mixture into each cap.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!