When you’re running around all day, finding a quick and healthy lunch seems like an odyssey. However, this cheesy mushroom sandwich is a great way to keep you satisfied and then also give your body a necessary boost of protection against damaging stress.
Keep Your Body Feeling and Looking Young with a Tasty Cheesy Mushroom Sandwich
Let’s start with button mushrooms and their properties
As you may know by now, mushrooms are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
They are a great source of nutrition, but they are particularly great at being free-radical scavengers.
Their ability is in part due to the high amounts of ergothioneine and glutathione, which help trap free radicals trying to cause damage and inflammation in your body.
If you are wondering, free radicals can lead to the deterioration of tissues, including your skin, and other healthy organs.
That’s not it though, as mushrooms can also stop the aging process, not only in your appearance but also in terms of cognition, heart health, and even cancer.
Onto the cheese!
Some people consider cheese a high-fat unhealthy food, but mozzarella cheese is high in protein, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, biotin, vitamin B6, and vitamin A, D, and E.
All of these play an important role in vision, skin protection, and absorption of calcium. But as with mushrooms, mozzarella cheese is also an antioxidant that prevents cell damage.
To finish, let’s talk about vegetables!
The garlic in this recipe is a great way to aid your digestion. It is prebiotic that promotes healthy microbial growth in your gut.
On top of that, garlic is a great way to boost your immunity, and protect you from bacterial infections.
Finally, the bell peppers in this dish are very high in vitamin C. This nutrient is immune boosting.
These peppers contain vitamin E and A, as well, which along with vitamin C are antioxidants, so they will help your body feel better and look younger.
This is not just an easy and quick lunch; it’s one that can help your body feel energized and look better. It will give you the protection you need.
Check out another great mushroom recipe here: Cheesy Portobello Mushroom Lasagna That Is Good for You [Recipe]
Cheesy Mushroom Sandwich
2 onions, sliced
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
1 lb (450 g) white button mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup (240 ml) beef broth
3 tbsp whipping cream
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 lb (450 g) cooked left over steak
salt and pepper
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
sliced mozzarella cheese
1 loaf unsliced bread, halved lengthwise
- To start, preheat the oven broiler.
- Glaze each bread half with butter, and broil them for 2 to 4 min or until crispy.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add in the onion with a pinch of salt and pepper and allow it to cook for 4 min.
- You can now add in the mushroom with garlic, and let it cook for 4 min. You can add more butter or oil if needed.
- Remove the mushroom mix and drain it, then set it aside. In the same pan, stir in the beef broth with Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
- After 3 min of heating, you can now stir in the whipping cream, ketchup, and mustard. Allow them to cook for another 3 min over low heat.
- Add in the mushroom mixture with beef slices. Allow them to cook for 4 min over low heat.
- On a large plate, place the bottom half of the bread. Put some cheese slices over.
- Lay over it with steak mushroom mixture, and top it with bell pepper slices, then extra cheese slices.
- You can now put the top bread half to cover, and slice the sandwich into serving slices.